Tuesday 12 May 2015

Meet AyTipsy: A fast rising artist in Nigeria

A fast rising musician in Nigeria
AyTipsy
This week, I am introducing to you guys another individual with promising career in the music industry. AyTipsy is an Afro hip hop and R n B artist.  Moreover, he is not just a music artist but also a university undergraduate. Below is an interview between J.O.B and AyTipsy as he tells us how he manages his music career and his academics.

JOB: What is your name?
AyTipsy: Olorunmaye Ayodele Isaac.

JOB: Tell us a little about yourself. Where you hail from, your hobbies, your educational background, you likes and dislikes and your philosophy about life?
AyTipsy: Hmm I am born and bred in Ibadan, Oyo state. I love music so much ...I mean good music, I also love video games etc. I am a final year student in University of Ilorin.. I like anything good seriously and I hate being fake.

JOB: Can you tell us how you started music, what inspires you?
AyTipsy: I grew up to be a choir boy ..like I started in church and I still do gospel music forget that thing but am a secular artist.

JOB: How did you come about the name Aytipsy?
AyTipsy: Lol....a naughty friend of mine gave me that name ..she said I do act like am tipsy when I'm on stage so she added Tipsy to my initial name which was just Ay...so now I'm popularly known as AyTipsy and I love it.

A fast rising artiste in Nigeria
AyTipsy
JOB: How many songs have you produced and what type of music do you sing?
AyTipsy: Lemme say am an Afro hip pop and R n B artist but I can basically do any kind of music...Have officially dropped two singles see something and Turn me on.

JOB: How do you see the music industry in Nigeria and tell us about your latest single?
AyTipsy: Everybody is doing their thing and it has really improved so you need to be at your best to remain relevant.

JOB: Have you featured any known Nigerian artist in your songs or are you aspiring to do so soon?
AyTipsy: Not yet but soon ..watch out.

JOB: How many shows have you been called for and can you name them and how do you get your fans attention?
AyTipsy: Shows I can't really count...though most were free to create awareness.. And I think am trying as a musician on stage.

JOB: Many Nigerian parent do not always allow their children to go into music, what was your parent view about your music career?
AyTipsy: They are not really against me doing music especially my mum she is really supportive and I appreciate her for that.

JOB: Who is your role model in the music industry and were do you see your music career in the next 5 years?
AyTipsy: Role model I don't really have one ..but I will say I respect artist with good music. In the next five years I would be next big thing by then by Gods grace.

Fast rising artist in Nigeria
AyTipsy and Skales
JOB: What is your greatest challenge ever since you started your music career?
AyTipsy: money! money!! money!!! ...that's the greatest challenge an upcoming can face.

JOB: How do you manage your music career with your education?
AyTipsy: God's in control..and I value my time a lot.

JOB: At this stage of your music career, would you say music is lucrative?
AyTipsy: obviously it is ..but for me am still yet to start making my ego o.

JOB: What advice do you have for young artist out there?
AyTipsy: Be determine and don't let anybody bring you down ..you will blow someday gbabe!

I can tell you authoritatively that AyTipsy is one of the stars to watch out for in few years to come. I have listened to his songs and I can tell you he is got good music. Connect with AyTipsy via Instagram, IG-AyTipsy. 

1 comment: