Wednesday 6 May 2015

I did not blast the Igbos- says Wole Soyinka

Professor Wole Soyinka said in a statement that he never blasted the Igbos and that who ever said that he did is a moron. See the statement below.

"I have just read a statement attributed to me on something called The Cable, a news outlet, evidently one of the Internet infestations. My lecture at the Hutchins Centre, Harvard University, was video recorded. Anyone who believes what I am alleged to have said must be a moron – repeat, a moron. It is demeaning, sickening and boring to have to deal with these cowards who cannot fight their own battles but must fasten their imbecilic pronouncements on others. Only the mentally retarded will credit this comment attributed to me regarding the Ndigbo voting pattern in the last elections. I strongly suspect the author of this despicable concoction, and may make a further statement, once the source is verified"

I don't just understand why some people just like to constitute societal nuisance. Even when the elections are over, this Igbo thing is still making the headlines. I suspect a fowl play here and someone or group of people are just trying to turn tribes against each other. First it was a fan accusing Don Jazzy of not saying anything because he was not a true Igbo and now a yoruba man, Prof. Wole Soyinka have been alleged to have said something against the Igbo. Soon we would hear that an Hausa man has spoken. 

Please let us be wise because the elections are over and Nigeria still remains one regardless of our cultural differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment