Sunday 17 January 2016

THE LOST REALITY(Final Part)



 
For those of us following the lost reality,this is the final part, enjoy below......
Pamparam pamparam paran paran para ra the sound of the bugle woke us up and unlike our usual frivolous chatting while we dress up all I saw was emotionless faces with the General-like sternness. I know the greatest shock of my life awaits me; I just can’t wait for the adventure.
I was already familiar with the military drill so I was not finding my pretense difficult, we were ushered through the single entry and exit door of the facility. I could not believe what I saw, the facility was so sophisticated built from the outside, and I know that definitely it would be off the grid. The terrain of the facility was a beauty to behold, the morning sun shown her beauty as she flashed her golden ray from the heavenly terrace and the breath of fresh air was tempting but I can’t afford to be emotional else lose my life and all that I hope to achieve. The fighter jet was already roaring awaiting the order for take-off; we marched into the craft armed to the teeth in our military regalia as the jet shot into the sky. I was excited at what was unraveling before my eyes yet calm while I sat amidst my zombie friends who would never have an idea of the now. While still mid air the General radioed what’s your ETA he demanded our Estimated Time of Arrival, two minutes Sir the pilot radioed back, Aye God’s speed the General replied and went off. At exactly two minute we were ordered to descend after we were given the coordinate and line of action, we all jumped and landed without hitches because we were no longer apprentices but masters in the making. Our mission was called operation ICHABOD it was covert. We vanquished the hostiles and terrorist, when I thought our mission was a success the unbelievable happened, my comrades lost control and were killing civilians---woman, children, pregnant and nursing mothers----snatching their babies from them and killing them, it was gruesome and I was shocked and lost. We were no better than mercenaries and assassins; we fought for no just cause. It was all a lie.  
He is in shock! We are losing him the other scientist cried in panic. Bring in the defibrillator and increase it as high as 300volt Dr. T demanded with alacrity, it would kill him argued one of the scientist; he will be dead if we don’t try Dr. T fired back. I was torn between two worlds of echoes that of wailing children vs. Dr. T’s panic until I felt that sharp sting of current in my spine.
Welcome back son was I dreaming I thought I was seeing my dad until the fog cleared and I saw Dr. T staring down at me, Anger and resentment was all I felt for him and I wanted to punch him and he smiled as if knowing what I was thinking. I wanted to confront him with the operation and how I ended on a bed but he shhhhhd me and sat close to me like a father wanting to explain reality to his son, I gave him the benefit of an explanation. What you experienced was a simulation of the last phase of the grand experiment and all you experienced was an uploaded memory of past gruesome operation, we used faces you would easily identify to make it real but none was real. We expect this simulation to test how our trained soldiers can handle morality and at what point they would break, lose control or become corrupted. I dared to ask what he came up with but he asked me to rest and leave science for scientist. He left me but I overhead him while leaving talking into his recorder Primus Zero is safe, blood pressure120/80 and we can proceed with others. It was successful. I was shocked because the mission was so real and now I’m told it’s not, Dr. T’s explanation was a bit convincing but I felt there was more and I needed to get back on my feet soonest.
I woke up on my dormitory bed instead of the clinic but nothing seem awkward may be I was brought in when sedated. Dr. T was on his normal routine of checking our fitness but something seem out of place from the way he attended to me, the connection we had at the sick bay cannot just disappear like that without a shred left. Dr, T can I have a moment please I ran to be on the same pace with him. I presented my case as if trying to remind him what he already knows but I was shocked when he replied me saying, young man I told you when you met me the first time to pay careful attention and write it all down and I’m yet to have it. I dared him with this question to see how he would respond what is Primus Zero and memory upload. He stood shocked and rooted to the ground; he garnered some energy as if he saw a ghost in a trance and holding me by the shoulder dragged me from earshot and asked did you say PRIMUS ZERO a bit defiant I fired back, yes. Brown all you said are still theories, I was confused but saw the desperation and seriousness I had never seen on Dr. T, and for the fact he called me by my name made me listened to him. I confronted him for pretending as if not aware of what I was talking about but he still held on to the fact that he was ignorant. Have you told anyone about this? He asked, I said No. He begged me not to tell anyone making me believe it’s either I time travelled into the future or my brain is beginning to work at a giga capacity with speed equivalent to that of light that it’s now creating pictographic real life situation making it real by predicting your current behavioural pattern. It’s all a big psychological equation. I need you to write every detail of your experience it would help us in a much-needed scientific breakthrough and that would make you a real PRIMUS ZERO.
I left Dr. T feigning conviction of his narration as I accepted writing every detail for him. what baffles is his show of total Ignorance or maybe he was just good at his psychology or a pathological liar, I will still write for my own sake maybe my writings will be the map to the truth else my reality will forever be lost.
My friend Sergeant Ovonicely was approaching my bunk bed with confusion written all over him I had to put away quickly what I was writing smartly to avoid him asking. He sat with me on my bunk bed and opened up, telling me of his weird dreams. He said, in my dreams there was this twelve years old girl with a bomb on herself trying to detonate a mall, I interrupted you mean a suicide bomber but he countered saying---all I saw was an innocent girl. I only have two choices either to shoot the girl or she detonates the bomb, I need your advice because the dream is reoccurring too many times now, your counsel can help me deal with it. I gave him the most ridiculous advice he didn’t expect when next you see the girl shoot her he exclaimed whaaat! I countered back very hard this time with yes! if you want to make it out of here alive as a spy. He was perplexed and I cautioned him to remember we never had that conversation, if you want to survive as a spy in the outer world you’d better learn how to survive as a spy here first, you have to go before we are noticed for discussing this long. A sly smile came over my face.
My journey to reality has begun; my reality is what I choose it to be. I might wake up and all these I see will be gone. I will fight for my freedom from the dreamland. I now have the key even those that created me never imagined I would possess and that’s my advantage and I will protect it with my all. It would be the truth that would set me free and restore my LOST REALITY. 
Written by Oyomesi Emmanuel  Ojobo

No comments:

Post a Comment