Monday 11 January 2016

The lost Reality part (2)

For those of us following "The lost Reality" here is the continuation of the wonderful story,please if you miss the first part read it on The previous post. Enjoy


The General mounted the podium set for him and addressed us, since our first night this is the first time, we would be addressed as to why we are here and chosen, and we wait for the revelation. The General spoke with authority and audacity of speech, with his oratory there was something calm and captivating about him. I know many of you have questions to ask but I will burst your bubbles----don’t dare to ask. I was shocked by the General’s declaration because I have many questions lurking within my soul and I was warming up to ask. The General continued. After the Nigerian Civil War, the country has never been the same; there have been a Cold War between the North and South of the country. The civil and cold wars made some wealthy Nigerians lo lose their heirs and empires. Northerners who have Oil Blocks in the South and Business Moguls from the East who have business empires in the North would not want a repeat of the Civil and Cold war; therefore, they would do anything to avert another Civil War or any scheme to divide Nigeria. We listened carefully on attention as he continued after sipping a glass of water-----An agreement was reached with the military at the emergence of the BOKO SQUAD who are a threat to one Nigeria and the stake for our benefactor are high. We agreed to recruit unbiased and innocent Nigerians seen as the nobody’s and make them gods among men----spies.
You have been chosen, once crude and nothing to write home about but now you are in the process of being fully refined you will spy and protect Nigeria from division and terror and you will be placed in major sectors of the country and reintegrated into the world and with your family. Those who looked down on you will marvel, the whole world shall be awed, and you will be as dead men resurrected but you cannot speak of your experience else at the cost of your life. The Government and these wealthy individuals know you exist but they don’t know you or where this facility is and they feel safe knowing you exist that is why we are doing everything possible to make you perfect.
You can only go out there if you pass the last phase of the test, which is more psychological than you can imagine and when you are through the entire certificate and best result cum references, perfect resume, alibi, and a good job will be provided to ensure a job well done in the real world. Be prepared to lose touch of your reality. The General left the podium after his speech and Dr. T informed us with his strange demeanour that the last phase may start today or may take as long as forever, so we should not try so hard to beat the test because it will come in a way we least expect and the test will be peculiar to individuals.
The common room was rearranged and we were at ease with the visitors, eating at table with them was like a dream come true for most us but it was too formal that we could not fraternize or ask questions----the table was cold it was more as if we were being scrutinized or inspected by the way we ate. After the meal, I approached Dr. T to tell him of the strange dream I have been having and asked him some question despite the fact that the General warned us. I told him about the several military missions except that I didn’t tell him about the dream of the night I was taken that keeps haunting me. The response of Dr. T were, pay more attention to the details of the dream and when you get the correlation of the dreams then you can report it to me. He made way for himself as he left me standing Aghast as if knowing I wasn’t satisfied with his answer he stop midway in his walk and turned towards me and said put all in writing and submit to my desk and I mean everything, he left finally with that emphasis yet I was not still satisfied. There must be more to my dreams than Dr. T would want to tell because the dreams seem more real than I can comprehend. I need answers.
My last encounter with Dr, T left me more curious than I ever was, I want to unravel this mystery, yet I am scared of sabotaging the last and final stage of my simulation. I really want to see my family again but there is a lot I want to understand, I need to do this with all the caution left in the world if I really want to survive. To justify my suspicion I discretely asked my closest pal Sergeant Ovonicely to know if he has been having dreams----No! He said to my greatest amazement yet I was still stubbornly inquisitive.
We had finished our third meal for the day and as it was were given the DXx+ pill  to keep us in shape since we have not been expose to the natural light of the sun for awhile now, at least that is what we were made to believe. I was so meticulous that when we were given the pills I slyly didn’t swallow but drank the water pretending to have taken the pills just because I want answers. We slept.
Watch out for part 3
Written  by Emmanuel oyomesi ojobo.

No comments:

Post a Comment