Tuesday 2 June 2015

Meet Tijani: A Legal Practitioner and a Poet


This is an interview between J.O.B and Tijan

JOB: What is your name?
Tijani: Tijani sheriff Oluwamayowa.

JOB: Can you please tell us a little about yourself, your educational background, where you hail from, your hobbies, likes and dislikes, and your philosophy about life?
Tijani: I am a legal practitioner, did my primary education in Ibadan Oyo state same as my secondary education, at ORITAMEFA BAPTIST MODEL SCHOOL (OBMS). Finished from the UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN where I got my LLB honors and attended Nigerian Law School, Yenagoa, Campus, BL in view. I am radical when it comes to straight up views and opinions and I don't shiver or sway in my religion and views pertaining to Islam. I write poems, prose and plays, I play a lot of football though reduced lately and I love good music. I am quite blunt and point blank. I believe all things in life need patience, truth and hard work, with these all works out well. I cherish honesty and detest  dishonesty. I hail from Ibadan, Oyo state.

JOB: What is your poet name and how did you come about it?
Tijani: I maintain my name has Tijan sheriff Oluwamayowa and also tag myself under the stables of The Penn neighbourhood. I came about the name because of my love and passion for writing which is made real only by the pen and its ink.

JOB: Since when have you started poetry work? 
Tijani: I started poetry at age 14.

JOB: Who is your role model and what inspires you to write?
Tijani: My role model is my dad, he's a great philosopher and I got most of my prowess from him. My inspiration depends on the mood, happenings around me and my state and mind generally.

JOB: For you , would you say poetry is lucrative or just done for the fun or passion?
Tijani: Well it being lucrative depends. From me its mostly for the passion, and if cash flows from it, why not?

JOB: You are not only a poet but also a legal practitioner how do you Manage the two together? 
Tijani: Poem for me is like my breath, it affects nothing else. My poems therefore disturbs no other part of my life and practice.

JOB: Is there  any international or local recognition of your works and other notable achievements and award?
Tijani: I have worked on many stables both foreign and local, writer's digest, writer's market, sixfold, WordPress just to mention a few. Presently working on a project for two international organizations here in Nigeria. Awards are way back university days, none from international bodies yet, but hopefully, soon enough they'd roll in.

JOB: What is  your advice for young poet?
Tijani: This is funny, am also a young poet. That not withstanding, the advise is hard work and focus added with patience, every other thing will just work out fine.

JOB: What is your instagram handle?
Tijani: Ig: iamtijani007 and you can check out my poems on www.tijanisheriff.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment